Saturday 12 April 2014

SURPRISE!!!

On Saturday 5th of April we had our butterfly class. Had 5 lovely ladies in to make the Accordion Fold butterfly card. They all helped each other and we got there in the end. Thanks ladies, for a great class. I'll see you next class.

Photo: Ta Da! Great work Ladies :)

Saturday night was a great night with family and friends. I had organised a surprise party for my husband's 30th. The weather however wasn't too inviting. I had organised it for Shelly Beach, then when it started raining I moved it to Settlement Point. Then when it was bucketing down we thought it best to move it to somewhere indoors. We agreed on Tacking Point Tavern and with little short notice and a cancellation we ended up with the function room for the evening. Everyone came at 530pm to help set up and a half hour later Trav arrived. SURPRISE!!! He was very surprised and overwhelmed to see that so many people turned out to help him celebrate his milestone birthday.



After a busy weekend I had a couple days break and enjoyed some time with my husband for his birthday, then straight back to it. Busy mid week sorting things for demos and classes. Making sure I had everything printed and everything I need for kits.

Friday demo - Cuttlebug Basics
We had a number of people turn up for our Cuttlebug Demo this Friday which was great to see. We covered everything from different sized dies to embossing plates and everything in between. We also had a look at when we could put into the Cuttlebug (foil, chipboard, acetate, Paper flowers etc) and a couple of techniques that you could do with embossing folders. Was a great morning.

Saturdays 1 Bag 3 Cards class was busy this morning. Met a lot of new people in which I'm hoping to get to know as the months roll on. We had a full class again today with 7 people and all turned up. We started with the easiest card but by the end we ran out of time and had to go over to finish the Waterfall card and fold the bag. Might need to rethink times or not talk so much. Haha. Thanks for a great class Ladies.


School Holidays
Kiddies are on school holidays now and Alice in Paperland, Port Macquarie is closed for the Public Holidays over Easter and ANZAC Day. Which means no more Friday Demos or classes for me until May. That doesn't mean I wont be crafting. I have plenty of side projects to do and I'm looking forward to sharing them with you all.

Speaking of side projects... I joined a group called Aussie Crafters on Facebook. They are a lovely bunch of people with craft on the brain. I joined up for this months swap. The theme was Autumn. We had to make an ATC for a one on one swap. Here's a sneak peak of the ATC I sent to my swap partner. I'll post a picture of the whole thing when she receives it. Don't want to give too much away.


That's all from me for now. Thanks for stopping by. Check in next week to see what I've been up to. 

Happy Crafting

2 comments:

  1. Looks like every week you have more fun. Love seeing the paper projects!
    Best wishes for tons of fun for each new class!

    ReplyDelete