Friday 4 April 2014

Busy Busy...

Last weekend I had my birthday. I know I know getting old and there wasn't a shortage of people reminding me. LOL. I had a great day with my husband and the kiddies. Nothing too exciting but had CAKE. Love cake.

Anyways... At the start of the week I joined a couple of groups on Facebook for Paper Crafters like you and I. I've joined a group called Townsville Papercraft Lovers who welcomed me into their family. It's a great little group of people with the same interests. I have just signed up to their monthly swap, which I'm super excited about. I've already started. I just want to Thank You all for making me feel welcome and at home. April's theme is ANZAC. I've finished my tags and they're ready to post. Here's a sneak peek...



On Tuesday, I had my first card making class where we made 3 cards and a folded bag for Mother's Day. It was a small but great first class. I'd like the Thank the ladies who joined me and also Nicole and her daughter Jess from Alice in Paperland for helping me with my little one. 

The cards we made using the new Kaleidoscope papers from Kaisercraft. <3. We made a portrait card using tearing techniques, a Waterfall card and an Interlocking card. 


Friday Demo - Distress Ink Part 2
We had a great turn out to the Distress Ink demo today. We spent the first 15 minutes going over what we did last demo then moved onto the new stuff. We applied ink to the tag then threw water onto it to give the bubble / raining effect. I love this technique. We had a look at some surfaces that Distress Ink can be applied to including Ribbon, Texture Paste, Chipboard, and dry embossed cardstock. 



Well that's all from me for now. Check back next Friday to see how the Butterfly Card Class went. Have a great weekend. See you next week.





2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a moment to catch your breath...your classes look like they are quickly multiplying! What great fun for you and all your students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind words. I have school and Easter holidays at the end of next week so i'll get a break then.

    ReplyDelete